Wednesday, April 3, 2013

ADDICTION - part 3 - catch them young to save from harm


The 'mauhim' to free the community of the growing menace of nicotine use and addiction to harmful substance abuse started by A'li Qdr Muffadal Moula Saifuddin (TUS) is positively impacting the mindset of the community, and has brought the menace on center stage.

Sincere efforts are being made by all concerned, and with the help of seminars, talks, personal interaction, and mumineen Doctors taking an active part, many have come 'clean' in the shortest possible time.

Here in this post, I would like to bring into focus how the 'mauhim' is rendering a singular service, in making the school going children, who are more likely to fall prey to this menace, to make them aware of the immense harm of substance abuse.

I personally vouchsafe of the positive impact on young minds going to MSB and Badariyah School in Pune, as I had the opportunity to interact with a few school going children, who narrated how the talks by Doctors and videos, have made them realize and impacted their mindset.

As the topic of muharramat was being discussed among family members my grandson Moiz, who was busy with learning animation, was also 'all ears' as the family discussed the effects of nicotine, in the context of my two earlier post.

It was a welcome surprise for me, that after an hour or so, he presented me with an animation, which I am proud to share with my readers. It is my grandson's small khidmat. This goes to show how, if we bring into open our shortcomings, we in a way our helping our future generation.   

http://youtu.be/LqnWPBaK3SI

Animation by Moiz Dr. Aliasgar Lokhandwala. Abu Dhabi 

No comments: